BC Dashboard not working

ABIS

Im new to this program, and im trying to set up my firms enterprise architecture.
I have the following layers connected.
- Business Capabilities
- Business Processes
- Business Domain
- Organisation
- Application Provider

Then when i try to use " Business Cabability Dashboard " it showes me nothing and i cant change the "Jump To " value.
Screen shot shows this.

How do i get the view to work?
Am i missing some information for it to work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

Can you replace the XSL= value in the URL with this XSL=enterprise/core_el_it_asset_dashboard_checker.xsl and post a screenshot of that please.

Also, can you open the console in your browser (right click > inspect in Chrome) and see if there are any errors please, if so, post those
ABIS

Looks like there is one error.
Thanks for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

You haven't set a root business capability. Go to EA Support > Essential Viewer > Report Configuration > Report Constant

Select Root Business Capability and in the associated instances slot, navigate to your root instance. If you don't have a root instance create one, call it something like your organisation name, or your industry type, and associate all your top level capabilities with it (not their children, just those top level ones)
ABIS

This new root instance, is it a new Business Capability I need to add?
And when you say "associate all your top level capabilities with it", do you mean add this as a parent BC for my top level BC's?

Never mind. Got it to work.

Thank you!
Last edited by ABIS on 31 Jan 2024, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
wflowers

I am having the same problem. I have set the Root Capability constant and set a root capability with parent capabilities having a business capability role supported by setting.

The map shows up, but I cannot use the domain scope filter and the capabilities show up as gray and not blue.
JohnM

Hi,

Have you mapped any applications? It needs apps to go blue, however, let me speak to the team as we may remove that requirement for it to go blue by default.

I presume this is open souce. If you want to make the change now then open the file in the enterprise/core_el_bus_cap_analysis_dashboard.xsl folder and find the style below (starts row 215)

.off-cap{
border: 1pt solid #ccc;
border-left: 3px solid rgb(125, 174, 198);
background-color: [YOUR PREFERRED HEX COLOUR]
color:#d3d3d3;
}

change the background colour to your colour.

If you are a cloud user, download the file from our Github and upload it to your user folder, make the chnage and then map the report to the user folder version.
JohnM

Regarding the domain filters, have you mapped domains to the business capabilities? Can you see the domains in the drop down?