Model multiple instances of same application

HenriW

I am starting to experiment with the platform, and started to map the applications onto the technology layer. When linking the Application to the Server, I got stuck. I have multiple instances of SAP ECC (Global and Regional instances) does anybody have any idea what the best way is to model this ? So how can I map SAP-ECC/Global/Production onto other servers than SAP-ECC/USA/Production
jasonp

Hi Henri,

the following digram provides an illustration of how we would typically model the deployment of an Application such as SAP ECC across multiple servers. My assumption is that your SAP ECC "Instances" are different configurations of the SAP ECC software and, as such, have differences between some of the processes that they automate and data that they manage. Therefore we treat them as different logical Composite Application Providers.

Essential App Deployment Modelling.png

Thanks,

Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
henwarm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response, it was very usefull.
I started to populate the model by using spreadsheet from launchpad.
This doesn't seem to provide the ability to upload model you showed in the picture above so I switched to directly editing the model in Protege.
I was able to enter the required info based on the picture above.

Thanks very much for the assistance, I was able to get a nice view in the " Application Deployment Summary".
I do wonder if there is a view that would show me a view from an instance perspective since the " Application Deployment Summary" shows all servers hosting SAP ECC and not the individual instance.

So far I am very impressed with this great tool, its the first tool that actually is able to fulfill my requirements from a Technical Architecture point of view

Regards

Henri
JohnM

Hi Henri,

Does the technology node summary give you what you need?

John
PS we're refreshing lots of views at the moment, if you have an idea of what you like to see, and have time, then mock it up and we'll see what we can do