How to customize the global search class scope, ie. add more class?

xiaoqi

Hello,

As attached, it's very powerful to use the Search icon to wild look for information loaded into the viewer.

Recently, within information architecture layer, we've added some usage on "Data_Object_Attribute", it's possible to view thos Attributes elements (individuals) in "Data Object Summary" page, however, when I try to search the Attribute with key word, it's not able to shown the result.

I suppose the Data_Object_Attribute" may not be included in the searching scope, is that correct? Could you kindly advice whether and how can I customize those global searching scope with adding needed class names? (Tried to explore the "Essential_Viewer" within "EA_Support" but didn't find the hints yet).

Thanks, Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmk

Hi Xiaoqi,

Ugly quick solution : edit the file "common/core_search_results.xsl"

replace the line

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="linkClasses" select="$allReportMenus/own_slot_value[slot_reference = 'report_menu_class']/value"/>
with

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="linkClasses" select="($allReportMenus/own_slot_value[slot_reference = 'report_menu_class']/value, 'Data_Object_Attribute')"/>
Jean-Marie
xiaoqi

Hi Jean-Marie,

Thanks greatly, it's indeed one quick and working method, I've tested and the result is not shown in the searched table.

With your hint, from this code mentioned, I've further explored the content in “EA_Support" -> "Essential_Viewer" -> "Menu_Management" -> "Report_Menu".

As attached Protege screen, there's no "Data Object Attribute Generic Menu" instance there, so I duplicate one from the existing "Data Object Generic Menu", gives it Full Name, Mene Short Name and the important is, choose the Menu Classes = Data_Object_Attribute. Since I don't have specific report view for this class for now, I leave the "Menu Groups" blank although it's required something. Then no need to change the code ;-)

After pushing to the viewer, you can see those classes are now searchable. (while no further info provided in drop down menu but it's acceptable).

Since we have several other lower level elements loaded into the reports, now I know the approach to maintain the searchability.

Thanks again and regards,
Xiaoqi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jmk

Hi,
glad to see you've found the right approach :).

J.-M.