Placing essential project opensource related contributions

Rajaraman

Team.

Is there a place at essential website where we can place the custom templates that we create for open source community?

Example. I have created a Viewer/template for Interface Catalogue (two different styles) (utilising existing meta model)
closch

+1
neil.walsh

Hi,

You can submit any contributions directly on this forum as attachments. If your view has additional dependencies, e.g. 3rd party libraries, please provide links to the appropriate sites so they can be reviewed and downloaded separately. This allows any users to download and explore your submission as early as possible at their own risk. We also host the Viewer source code on Github where you can optionally fork the code and we can track your submissions there too if you prefer.

https://github.com/essentialproject/essential_viewer

Once you have posted the submission, we'll then QA it and, if we think the submission is suitable, integrate that into a future release. As part of that process, we perform a code review then create the appropriate instances and menu configuration to integrate the submission fully with Viewer. This ensures any code that is formally released has been quality checked by the Essential Project team.

We look forward to your contribution.

Neil
JohnWhite

Rajaraman wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 11:33 Team.

Is there a place at essential website where we can place the custom templates that we create for open source community?

Example. I have created a Viewer/template for Interface Catalogue (two different styles) (utilising existing meta model)
Hi there - I'd love a copy of this, can you post it here as an attachment please? or provide a link if you are hosting it else where?
closch

Neil,

I'm not an expert in Git/Open Source contribution concepts, but for some time i've felt a shortfall for the community to be able to rapidly share ideas/views/customisations, so I've spawned <removed> - edit: new vendor provided location https://github.com/essentialproject/ess ... ributions/
as a place for stuff I'm willing for the community to have that I've created -

But whilst I'm happy to maintain this separate Repo, I don't want to fragment Repos if the following concerns are appeased.

* contributing to the Repo you mention above states it requires QA to approve before making that contribution available to the community? how long would that process take? - I'm wanting to be able to contribute and make (and receive) available content 'quickly' (if not immediately)

* would you accept the type of content that i'm pushing up into your Repo? PowerBI/Integrations /misc

Thoughts?
Last edited by closch on 22 Jun 2020, 09:30, edited 2 times in total.
Rajaraman

JohnWhite wrote: 30 May 2020, 02:09
Rajaraman wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 11:33 Team.

Hi there - I'd love a copy of this, can you post it here as an attachment please? or provide a link if you are hosting it else where?
Hi i have placed in the new forum post, please have a look