While virtual servers appear to all the systems that run on them as real servers, virtual servers require slightly different treatment than physical servers.
To model a virtual server:
- Create a Technology Node for the virtual server and deploy Technology Instances to it as required
- Do NOT deploy any Hardware Instances - any physical attributes, CPU, Memory, disk space should be defined against the Node
- At some point create a Technology Node for the physical server that is hosting the Virtual servers
- Deploy Technology Instances as required to describe that node.
- Include the virtual server Nodes created about in the set of contained Technology Nodes for the physical hosting server.