Release Management

kenarakelian

Dear Sir,
I'm new to Essential and would like to know if I can use the tool for release management. I'd like to use it to provide a view showing when a release is scheduled to move into certain environments, what is in the release, and who is effected by the changes in the release.

I'm also interested in any training that is available for using the Essential tool.

Thank you,
Ken
neil.walsh

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your question. We've discussed this here and whilst the current meta-model could in theory capture this, the mechanics of this would be less the ideal. We're proposing the creation of an ECP (Essential Community Process) pack to support this.

What we'd like from you are some detailed requirements about what you'd like to capture and to what level of detail. For example, what are we releasing? Applications, Servers, Reports, etc. What kind of lifecycle might you use? etc...

The more information you're able to provide in terms of process, artefacts and reports will help influence the roadmap for development of this ECP.

I've created a dedicated forum post for this. If you can add your requirements in here then that would be useful.

http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... f=13&t=998

With regards to training, you can contact EAS (sponsors of the Essential Project) via the Services menu at the top of this page. They will be able to provide full details of the training options available.

Cheers

Neil
kenarakelian

Awesome - thanks Neil