Architecture model diagrams

mohineeshchandra

Hi,
can we import or upload architecture diagrams into essential instead of pulling them through queries.
neil.walsh

Hi,

Can you expand upon what you're looking to achieve?
Are you looking to attach pictures of views from visio, powerpoint, etc?
Or are you looking to import data from another source to use in Essential?
Or something else?

Cheers

Neil
mohineeshchandra

Hi,
i would like to import the diagrams which are excel to essential. will it be possible to do so? if we have any other method to upload diagrams please let me know.
neil.walsh

Essential doesn't import "diagrams" i.e. pictures though we can link to the office documents using a uri / url. We use the external reference slot on each object to link to assets stored on a file share, sharepoint or similar. Typically, this is a complement to defined models in Essential rather than a definition of the model held externally e.g. documentation about a particular system. Have an explore of this and see if it does what you need.

We are developing a tool with a GUI to import from other data sources and you can do this now using the integration tab. There are some tutorials on the site which guide you through the basics of this.

EAS offer professional services to support organisations with this kind of activity. You can get in touch via the Services menu at the top of this page.

Cheers

Neil