Capability Models

aspiringarc

Hi
Not sure whether to post this in modeller or viewer forum.
Is there a capability model like http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/archite ... 79368.aspx the models the MS use in MSBA e.g. a nested model showing the hierarchy of relationships the modeler allows mapping of levels.

The other thing I would like is to visualise connections between capabilities in terms of their relationship in/out/control/support. I can see how this can be modeled in business cap value chain for in/out but not control support relationships.

My question - will I have to build this myself?
Slán
Gar
jonathan.carter

You can produce diagrams like the one shown on your link. However, this is something that is done in Essential Viewer. We don't have this MSBA view in the out of the box views.

I'm not 100% familiar with that model but rather than have the control/direct/execute type concepts on the relationships, we can classify each capability as being about control, direct, execute. I'm not sure if that would work for what you're trying to do.

The dependencies we have in the Capability Chain are intended to show dependency and currently don't describe the nature of that dependency. However, the other option could be to rename each from the default 'occurs-before' to things like 'control', 'support' etc.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team