What are Standardisation Levels

EntArtJoe

Hi there
In the Business Process Summary view there is a Slot called "Standardisation Levels". I'm not sure I understand what these are, so I'd really appreciate a short definition of what this is and what it's purpose in the model is.

Regards
Joseph
jonathan.carter

Hi Joseph,

This slot aims to capture something simple about whether or not this is a standard process - e.g. the standard invoicing process - or if it is some custom process to meet specific requirements. It's a simple connection to an Enumeration that you can extend.

However, more recently, we have enhanced the meta model in terms of support for standards management if you're looking to model your business process standards, you should definitely look at the Standards Management section of the meta model, in this case in the Business Standards Management. Here, we can build a more accurate relationship between a Business Capability and the Business Process that defines the 'standard' implementation, with the ability to scope this by things like organisation, geography and also a strength of the standard, e.g. mandatory, permitted, recommended.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team