Repository permissions for editors

enrico.may

Hi,

I am planning to offload the data management activities to responsible individuals in our organization, eg. application owners etc..

Unfortunately our organization is not mature enough that I want them to edit the data directly in the repository backend. Therefore the editors functionality looks perfect for me to provide an abstracted, simplified view to the data. However I am struggling with the permission setup - I know how to grant access to specific reports/editors in the viewer, but on repository level I either fail to understand the concept, or missed something in the permission setup.

The most simple approach I thought was to remove the repository access completely and only provide the reports/editors, but this seems to be not possible as minimum repository access and the instance viewer role is required for the reports to work.

Therefore I went back to the repository content classification area:

As a starting point I only want global administrators have edit permissions, so I added EA_Default_Classification to the System Secured Edit Elements. Other users can read all elements, there is actually nothing to hide:

GeneralSecurity-GlobalAdministrator.png

Second, I created a new classification instance to grant edit rights to elements of a specific class (this case to Data_Object):

InformationArchitecture-DataAssetAdministrator.png

Then I assigned the clearance levels to the repository user:

RepositoryUser.png

With this setup the user is still not able to edit Data_Object instances:
Something went wrong...
Sorry, you're not allowed to edit this. Access to this content has been restricted. You should contact your administrator if you need access.
Any idea how to solve this?

BR
Enrico
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.