Supported Business Process Deprecated

ABIS

Hi

I wanna link my systems to my business processes. The way i have been doing it have been with the slot "Supported Business Process" in the Composite_Application_Provider class. But now i see that it is deprecated. I tried to use the slots "Supporting Application Services" and "Supporting Application (Groups)" direktly from the Business process class. But using this binding type do not seem to work. It is not showing in the views. Which the old method would.

How do i fix this? What is the best way to bind business processes and applications together?

- ABIS
JohnM

You need a physical process.

An application can support a logical process via the service, i.e. this application can support this process through this functionality (application service) that is the supporting application services slot, which maps to the application provider role (APR). (app to service mapping). This route only says an application could support a process.

However, if an application is used by a process then you need to use the performed by organisations relationship, where you create the physical process. This allows you to say this organisation uses this application (direct or vis an APR) to perform this process. It also allows you to logically have a process, e.g. invoice client, that is performed by different organisations using different applications (so you have multiple physical processes mapped to the single logical process). This route says an application does support a process.

Hope that helps