Questions around content shown in the Business and Application Perspectives of the IT Asset Dashboard

rwoof

• In the IT Asset Dashboard View, the Business Perspective part of the View only shows me Business Capabilities at 2 levels – we have a level below that, which is the key level to see application coverage against. Can the View show another level , or is it restricted to just 2 levels here. Is there a setting I need to make in the Business Capability repository? See screenshot attached
It Asset Dashboard screenshots.pdf
o
• In the same IT Asset Dashboard view, in the Application Perspective, I get a different issue. Where I have grouped Application Capabilities (see the Financial Management block in the screenshot), the capabilities are not shown as a grouped set of hierarchies. So , for example, the capability Account Close / Consolidation management, is shown correctly as a child capability in the Financial Management block – its parent Capability), but it is shown again as a new block on its own below that. It makes the view unusable, as there are too many lines to show and there is no mapping at the individual block level, say for Account Close / Consolidation. Can you explain what the View is working on in the Repository to produce what it does and how can I resolve to get a clearer view of the maintained capability hierarchy only (similar to Business Capability above).

If you can help explain how to show the Capability hierarchies correctly in this view – and map to the Application , which are mapped mainly to the lowest level capability, I’d be grateful

Cheers
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JohnM

The IT Asset Dashboard currently only works at two levels for display but does pull through any data held in child capabilities. To make it 3 or more levels needs a bit of a tweak to the code (and also consideration as to what it may look like as it could get quite busy - we are looking to create one more aligned to the new tech ref where you can dive down multiple levels)

Regarding your second issue, we think this is a data error, it looks like you have tied the child capabilities to the reference model taxonomy - this should only be against the level 1 app capabilities. Can you check for those that are showing as new block, e.g. Account Close / Consolidation management, that you haven't set the classified as to Left, Middle or Right. If so then just delete them. The quickest way to do this is go to the taxonomy term (Left, Right or Middle) and delete the associated elements that are appearing wrongly
rwoof

Thanks John - removed the Taxonomy and works fine!

Cheers
Rob