Issue with Technology Distribution Model View

abarbieri

I am having issues trying to get the Technology Distribution Model view to work properly. I have followed all the instructions on setup and requirements via the manual page for the view and I still get the "No root environment defined" error message. I do have a technology component composite defined in the report constant (Associated Instance) and both the composite and its referenced component architecture model were created as per the instructions contained in the manual page.

I'm kind of at a loss at the moment as to what to change from here in order to get this to work. I checked the demo reference model (4.0.1) and the view does not seem to work there either as the report constant is undefined.

Can someone offer any suggestions?
aducci

After some playing around. I think i got it working.
You need more than one instance of Technology Composite
One composite model will be used to render the graphic. and that composite will utilise the composites for which you have defined a reference architecture.

so:
Create one technology composite "remote workstation"
- then define the technology component architecture - ensuring that you link technology components on the model
- Then create a second technology composite - "techrefmodel" and drop a technology component onto the model -- (this time link it to the technology composite -"remote workstation"
you can then add all the other technology composites to this grouping model and it will also render.

I hope this works.
abarbieri

Thanks very much for the suggestions?

Unfortunately that did not seem to resolve my issue as I am still getting the "No Root Environment Defined" error even though I have the correct constant set.