Essential Viewer - data sources for views

ijames

Hi - I am still relatively new so excuse ignorant questions.

On the Essential Viewer manual it shows which fields are interrogated on some of the views, but not all.

Is there a way of working out the source for other views please?

I am currently most interested in the Application Data and Information Dependency Models; and the Application Lifecycle Model.

Thanks
Ian
jonathan.carter

Hi Ian,

If the View Manual does not cover it (or there is not a View Manual for the View you've chosen), you can find out which classes and which fields on those are used by the View by looking at the View Template XSL file.

The URL for the current view includes a parameter called 'XSL' and its value will tell you which template file is being used, e.g. XSL=application/core_al_app_provider_summary.xsl is the template for the Application Provider Summary.

Our best practice is to define all the relevant queries at the top of the View Template, so it's easy to see the classes and the fields that are being used. However, there are some older views which are a bit less structured.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
ijames

Thanks Jonathan - found the templates and looking through them.

Can I ask specifically about the System Lifecycle Plan (application/core_al_app_lifecycle_model.xsl).. as far as I can see the data is hard coded in the report and doesn't interrogate the repository for dates and titles - please can you confirm? If so would this mean that this report would have to be edited with the appropriate content?

Thanks
Ian
neil.walsh

Hi Ian,

This is a work in progress view which should not have been included in the release. When this view is complete, we will include it with a reference in the release notes.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Neil