Strategic Roadmap

melbpar1

I have created a strategic roadmap. The report shows the milestones but none of the activities required to go from baseline to target are shown (blue lines with timeframes). The JSON response only contains the milestones.
I must be missing something obvious from the point of view of the instances that must be populated to display the individual increments required to achieve the target. Can anyone help?
bbain

I am also having trouble with the Business Roadmap. The Architecture States displays, as well as Information Strategic Plans, but that is all.

I also have Business and Application Strategic Plans that don't display at all. I also thought that the Timeline points would display.

Thanks,
Bev.
melbpar1

Thanks Bev.
Based on your post I decided to test the business, application and technology strategic plans and none of them displayed.
I ended up representing my roadmaps using information strategic plans. Not ideal as it does not allow the creation of relationships to business, application or technology elements.
bbain

I figured this much out...if you go into the code of that .xsl report, it only includes the Information_Strategic_Plan. I changed the code so that it chooses any of them using an 'or' statement and it worked.

Hope this helps.
Bev.
melbpar1

Thanks Bev.
After the minor change to the XSL to include the business, application, technology and security strategic plans it all works.
chenst723

Here's the code to change:

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="strategicPlans" select="/node()/simple_instance[(type='Business_Strategic_Plan') or (type='Application_Strategic_Plan') or (type='Information_Strategic_Plan') or (type='Technology_Strategic_Plan') or (type='Security_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value)]" />
chenst723

Sorry previous post's code is incorrect...

Correct code is here:

Code: Select all

<xsl:variable name="strategicPlans" select="/node()/simple_instance[((type='Business_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value)) or ((type='Application_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value)) or ((type='Information_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value)) or ((type='Technology_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value)) or ((type='Security_Strategic_Plan') and (name = $roadmapRelations/own_slot_value[slot_reference=':roadmap_strategic_plans']/value))]" />
melbpar1

Also be aware that in some cases, none of the roadmap elements may appear.
Check for javascript errors to identify the root cause of the problem (for example, invalid characters in a milestone description field)
jdavidson00

I've been working to build out a "Technology Roadmap", but am am not seeing anything in the report.

I'm following the manual page for "View Manual: Technology Roadmap Model", have walked through the whole thing.

Is there any additional guidance or maybe working examples of what the model needs to look like?
jonathan.carter

The current out of the box Technology Roadmap needs the Report Constant 'Technology_Roadmap' set in the repository to tell the View which roadmap to render. You will need to re-publish after selecting your roadmap in the report constant.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
AustinDave

It took me a little while to figure out exactly how to configure the constant. The image attached should help - the roadmap instance should be associated to the report constant via the "Associated Instances" field. I was working on the Application Roadmap, but I'm confident the other roadmaps are similiar in structure.
1-15-2015 3-53-19 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.