Viewing sample reports in Essential 3.0.4

xplorer4us

Hello,

I have just installed the Essential Architecture Manager 3.0.4 and I was wondering if there is any sample essential repository specific to this version. The older samples in the *Share* folder do not seem to be compatible with the Essential Viewer for 3.0.4.

Would it be possible to upload a sample repository for 3.0.4 version, especially to allow the generation of the reports?

Many thanks,
Explorer
jonathan.carter

Hi and thanks for the post.

Yes, we're working on this right now - it should be quite comprehensive - and we'll get the updated version in the Share Area as soon as it is complete.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jmk

I entered a bunch of open source technology products in my model and I wonder
  • 1) how I may add these products either to the example or in the baseline.
    2) If a specific license will be needed for external submissions or if the GPL will also cover initial data entered in the example/initial models.
Do you plan have some plan for external contributions of this kind ?
jonathan.carter

We have some tools that we have built to extract content from repositories for the purpose of importing it into others, e.g. a new baseline version.

We welcome any contributions and in this case, probably the simplest approach would be for you to submit the repository (Protege files) that you have created and we can get those new things out and added to an Update Pack, to update both the current baseline and anyone else who wishes to have these new elements.

The GNU GPL license covers everything that we have released and I would encourage any contributions to be made using the same license - especially if the objective is for the contribution to become part of the core release.

I think that technically, the GPL means that you can release any further work based on the Essential software under any license that you like but that would then be an additional release, e.g. like a plug-in for the data, that is supported and licensed separately.

So, you have some freedom in terms of how you would like to share what you have created.
- Contribute to the 'core' software using the GPL
- Share a 'plug-in' to the core software using any license you care to use.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jmk

jonathan.carter wrote:We have some tools that we have built to extract content from repositories for the purpose of importing it into others, e.g. a new baseline version.

We welcome any contributions and in this case, probably the simplest approach would be for you to submit the repository (Protege files) that you have created and we can get those new things out and added to an Update Pack, to update both the current baseline and anyone else who wishes to have these new elements.
The whole repository would be too much :) Are the extraction tools available or else can you point me in the right direction in order to export some part of the model from protégé ?
So, you have some freedom in terms of how you would like to share what you have created.
- Contribute to the 'core' software using the GPL
- Share a 'plug-in' to the core software using any license you care to use.
We usually use a GPL compatible license in line with french regulation, see http://www.cecill.info/licences/Licence ... V2-en.html section 5.3.4, so I think the GPL will be OK.
xplorer4us

Hi Jonathan,

I was wondering if you would have an update on the sample/base repositories for 3.0.4 version, as it will really help in ramping up a new repository.

Many thanks in advance,
Explorer
jszpyrka

Hello,

I need it too for the same reason :)

Best Regards
Jacek Szpyrka
jonathan.carter

We are working on a demo that covers all layers but currently, it lacks enough content in the Technology area.

Would a demo that covers business, some information and application areas be helpful in the meantime?

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jszpyrka

jonathan.carter wrote:...
Would a demo that covers business, some information and application areas be helpful in the meantime?
ooooo yes :D really helpful

jacek
xplorer4us

Absolutely, Jonathan, it will be extremely helpful!

I am more interested in the business and application modelling, then in the technology information :), so any sample repository covering this domain will help a ton.

Will this demo/sample repository be available for download in the Share area?

Regards,
Explorer
jonathan.carter

Yes, it will be released in the Share area in the Sample Repositories section

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

A new sample repository for Essential 3 is now available to download in the share area

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
xplorer4us

Thank you so much, Jonathan! I have just downloaded the sample repository and it is extremely helpful :D!

Best regards,
Explorer
jonathan.carter

We've just released a new version of the sample repository that is configured to support Essential Viewer 4.0

It's a bit light on content in the technology layer than we'd like at this stage but does drive a lot of the Views and shows the approach and patterns for modelling in Protege. More to come in due course!

Jonathan
Essential Project Team