Cannot view the pre-defined templates

joteo

Hi,

I'm totally new to Essential Project and I would like to ask if what I'm seeing is correct.

Under EA Principles in the Enterprise Views, I can see all the headers such as Business Principles, Information Principles, etc. However, that's about it I could see. No other details is displayed. Is that right?
jmk

It depends :)

I) Did you
  • 1) create some principle in the modeler (Protégé) ?
    2) configure the "Essential Architecture Reporting" tab
    with the url of your Essential viewer ?
    3) activate the "Publish Repository button" in this tab ?

II) If you did the three steps above then you have some problem.
  • Can you verify that you have a file named "reportXML.xml" in the webapp folder for the essential_viewer ?
III) if you have a reportXML.xml file you may
  • 1) check that it contains the previously entered principles
    2) go command line and try, within the webapp directory, to run the following command:

Code: Select all

java -jar ./WEB-INF/lib/saxon9he.jar ./reportXML.xml ./enterprise/core_el_ea_principles_cat.xsl

If none of the above works ... I'm not sure I'll be able to help you more

Regards,

J.-M.
jonathan.carter

Thanks J-M!

Let us know your answers to J-M's questions and then we can take it from there.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
joteo

Hi J-M,

Thanks for your help.

I)
1) I didn't create any principle in Protege. Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how do you create?
2) I've configured the Essential Architecture Reporting" tab with the url of your Essential viewer.
3) I've activated the "Publish Repository button" in this tab

II) The file reportXML.xml is in the webapp folder for the essential_viewer and the timestamp is as of the time i've published the repository.

III) Since i've not added any principles, i guess there is nothing for me to check here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan.carter

That's right.

Add new Principles to the Conceptual View of the Business, Application, Information and Technology Layers in Protege.

Go to the Instances Tab, and use the Class Browser on the left to navigate to the type of Principles you want to add and then create new instances of each principle. Once you're done, publish the updated repository again and your principles will show up in Essential Viewer.

You might find this tutorial useful for a quick introduction to how to use Protege, creating instances, defining relationships etc.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
joteo

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I've more or less figured out how to use Protege and have already defined a few business processes and got them displayed on the viewer.