Business Reference Model

Jason MacKenzie

I have defined a number of hierarchical business capabilities in my model and published the repository however the Business Reference Model view is blank. Are there other elements of the model that need to be filled out to populate this view?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Jason
jason.powell

Hi,

in order to view the Business Reference Model, you will need to ensure that you explicitly capture a 'root' Business Capability in the repository.

More specifically, if you haven't done so already, you should create a single highest level Business Capability and make it the parent of the capabilities that you expect to see as the top level column headings in your Business Reference Model.

The next step is to navigate to EA_Support -> Essential_Viewer -> Report_Constant in the instance browser where you will find a pre-defined instance named "Root Business Capability". You should then add your root business capability to this Report Constant's "Associated Instances" slot.

Publish your repository, and you should now see your Business Capability hierarchy in the viewer.

Jason
Essential Project Team
Jason MacKenzie

Thank you for the quick reply Jason. That did the trick!

Very much appreciated.

Jason
chenst723

Hi Jason,

Did you have to modify the XSL file to render the model? Somehow, I don't see XSL code to render the capabilities data...

Thanks.

Steve
chenst723

Sorry all -- I got this working OOB. Cheers.