Illegal Characters in reportXML.xml cause Viewer error

opakman84

Do you any scripts that can remove illegal characters either in the protege repository or from the reportXML.xml file? This would be a great help, as I constantly run into these issues and I have to manually remove these characters from the reportXMl file. Thanks.
jonathan.carter

Yes, we have recently written a script to run in the Script Console Tab that identifies and removes illegal XML characters from the repository in Protege.
I will post it to the share area and post back here once it is available

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

I've just uploaded a copy of the script I use to identify and remove invalid XML characters from the repository in Protege.

Resolve Invalid Characters is a Jython script to be run in the Protege Script Console tab.

It runs in 2 modes:
  • Find and remove all invalid characters
  • Identify and report all invalid characters - which gives you the opportunity to resolve any invalid characters manually.

To use the script, just go to the Script Console tab in Protege and type:

Code: Select all

execfile("<FULL PATH TO YOUR COPY OF THE SCRIPT>/resolveInvalidXMLChars.py")
    Note, you need to use the Unix-style '/' directory separators as we're running in Java.

Once this has run, the script will print some further instructions for how to use it.
    Example:

Code: Select all

execfile("C:/Downloads/resolveInvalidXMLChars.py")

removeInvalidCharacters(False)

Reports all instances with invalid characters in the reported slot.

Hope this helps you out.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team