Business Component Heat Map View

rungsima

Hi,

I would like to have the view like "Business Component vs. systems duplication heat map" in the slide "Open Source Enterprise Architecture Toolkits" as attached. How to get it? Is it shared in this community?

Best Regards,
Rungsima
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sarah.smith

Hi Rungsima,

Thanks for you post. This is an older view which will be updated and available with the v3 release that is due shortly. Further information on that release can be found in The Essential Roadmap bloghttp://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... l-roadmap/.

Regards

Sarah
rfoley85

Hello,

does the business component Heatmap view or an updated view already exist in Essential 3.0.4?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
jonathan.carter

Hi,

There are a number of business component views included in the out-of-the-box set. The default configuration has these enabled on the default homepage.
The Business Capability / Component model is a really useful way to see a heatmap of the business and we're adding to this set in the next release, too - for example overlaying the project impact on the business component model.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
rfoley85

Hello,

To your last post do you know when we could expect the next release of v3 viewer/reports that will include the Business component views you are referring too. I don't see them in the existing v3 release of viewer?

if this is incorrect, can you please let me know where I would find these in the viewer files.

Thanks,
jonathan.carter

We're aiming for a Q1 release this year and are working on which views will be in that release, out-of-the-box. I can't be more specific than that at the moment about when.

What I will do is find out which business heat map views will be available in that release and get back to you here.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
rfoley85

Hello,

Any update to your last comment about posting what CBM viewpoints will be released sometime in Q1?

Thanks
jonathan.carter

In the next release, the following Business Component Model views will be available out of the box:
  • Business Objective / Change Footprint. This provides a heatmap on the BCM that compares the footprint of current change activities (i.e. programmes/projects) against the business objectives that have been defined.
  • Business Reference Model. This provides a matrix representation of the business capabilities with the ability to click through for more information about each.
  • Programme Summary. This view shows a heatmap of the Business Capability Model showing which capabilities are impacted by the project activities of the programme.
  • Project Summary. Shows a heatmap of the Business Capability Model showing which capabilities are impacted by the project activity.
Jonathan
Essential Project Team