Information catalog by business domain report

cgauri

The new information/info_catalogue_by_domain.xsl report in the Information and Data pack shows no information objects.

After some debugging I found that it loops through all the business domains, and for each business domain it looks up the "contained sub-domains". It then goes on to list the information catalog for the sub-domains only. In our scenario, since none of our business domains have sub-domains, therefore there is no data visible on the report.

I updated the report to use $allBusDomains instead of $subDomains and now it shows all the info objects:
<xsl:apply-templates mode="Business_Domain" select="$allBusDomains">

Is there a reason to use the subdomain list instead of all the business domains, or is this a bug?

Regards,
Charu
jonathan.carter

Hi Charu,

Thanks for your post.

I think we've made an assumption in there that doesn't always work. We're having a look at how best to resolve this. If you're sure that your Business Domain model will always be 'flat' (that is, no sub-domains) then carry on with your fix for now.

However, we need to make this view work with no sub-domains, and then multiple levels of sub-domains.
We'll post back when we've resolved this.

Thanks again for pointing this out

Jonathan
Essential Project Team