How to add new report

prabhuvenkat

Hi,
I have installed protege3.4 in windows xp and Tomcat 6. I have installed essentialinstall.jar . I opened essentail_baseline_v1.2.ppj in protege.Protege shows essential architecture tab.
I want add new report. In Instance tab ,
essential_viewer class i tried to add report with create instance button. Protege ask "Report XSL Filename". What file name should be given there ? Any xml or owl file name? I cann't understand? If i can add any xml file , please tell where i have keep that xml file?
jonathan.carter

The Report XSL file is the name of the View that you want to add.
The Views are implemented with the XSL files that are deployed in the
  • application
  • business
  • common
  • information
  • technology
folders in the Essential Viewer webapp in Tomcat.

For example, the Application Details report is produced by the 'core_app_def.xsl' View, which has the Report XSL File value of
application/core_app_def.xsl
If you are trying to add a new report that is included in the out-of-the-box pack but that is not listed in the default Essential Viewer catalogue, you need to identify the XSL that produces that report and specify it in this slot. If you wish to create a new report, you define it by creating your View template XSL file, deploy that file to the Essential Viewer webapp and then add it to the catalogue using by creating a new Report instance. More information about how to set up the View Catalogue is available in the Adding New Reports tutorial.

It's often a good idea to define a new report by basing it on a similar View that you can modify/extend to meet your specific requirements.

More details about creating new reports and views are available in the Creating Views Tutorial.

Let me know how you get on or if you need more help in creating your new report

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
prabhuvenkat

Hi,
I have downloaded "Integration Server Examples" xsl file and place in webapps/information/importTechNodes.xsl folder. I have added report importTechNodes.xsl name and published it. I displayed label name in essential viewer/report class hierarchy in protege.
I want to know whether i have to create my own xsl and add header, history , footer , Page_Body in that xsl document.

please give me some sample xsl document other than in essential Architecture Manager. It will helpful in understanding.

I think adding report means add new instance in report in essential viewer in essential baseline ontology. Tell me whether it is correct or not
jonathan.carter

This particular XSL is not actually a View/Report.
Rather 'importTechNodes.xsl' is an example integration transform that demonstrates how the XML adapter can be used in conjunction with the integration function library to import information about physical technology nodes (typically servers) into the Essential repository in Protege.

As such, even though you've deployed it to that location no report page will be produced when it is executed.

If you wish to create a new View/Report it is normally simplest to look at existing view examples to see how these are put together, calling the header, footer etc.
The first place to start with creating a new view is to define what questions / view is it that you wish to answer / see.

Jonathan
Essential Project Team