How to publish "Projects to Business Objective Mapping"

jkazmi

Hello,

I was going through the demo provided for essentials and saw a very useful report called "Projects to Business Objective Mapping". It was shown in a graphical format with clickable boxes etc.

I am trying to replicate it for my project. I have defined a domain and a capability within the domain. I have also defined an objective and linked these objects in Protege.

However when I published the protege file, I am not able to see the same type of graphical display.

Am I missing a step? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jonathan.carter

This view requires a number of elements of the repository to be completed.

For each capability, it will need at least one Business Process defined and for those, a Physical Process (so that we know who is performing it).

To understand the change that is going on, it looks for the all the strategic plans that exist for the in scope physical processes, [logical] business processes and any plans that exist for applications that are supporting the capability via business process to application relationship.

These are cross-referenced with any projects that related to these strategic plans. The objective mapping is achieved through the relationships from the Strategic Plan instances to the specific Business Objectives.

There's quite a lot going on in this View and it shows some of the potential for how the relationships can be used to uncover dependencies that were not previously understood.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan
Essential Project Team
jonathan.carter

Hi Morag.

Your Tomcat (or other) application server must be running on port 8080 with Essential Viewer deployed to it.

Have you started your Tomcat service?

Jonathan
Essential Project Team