Business Operating Model - is it still available?

symanix

Hi there,

I have just started using EP, and it is a great tool. I have had great success in many of the modelling capabilities, but I can't seem to get the Strategic Logical Business Operating Model visible.. is this still available, as per the docs page :
http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/ ... ting-model

Thanks in advance
neil.walsh

Hi,

The Strategic Logical Business Operating Model is no longer included with Essential though I can't recall why it was removed.

I'll discuss this with the team and see if I can provide some insight. In the mean time, we'll remove the documentation for this view.

Thanks

Neil
neil.walsh

Hi,

We've looked into this and it was a very simple older view which showed a rather crude role-based reporting hierarchy for a pre-defined organisation.

It uses SVG which we stopped using due to a lack of support in IE7 & IE8 hence we never migrated or updated the viewer into Version 3+.

I recall an engagement with a client where a reporting hierarchy was implemented using an org chart-like graphical widget. I'm unsure whether the configuration of this was geared around the specifics of the client or whether it was a more reusable view.

I'll discuss some more with the team and see if this could be adapted for a future release. This would cover the same functionality as the previous view but in a richer more engaging way.

Thanks

Neil